DHST and the Football Club will be holding a Trade Union day to coincide with the Ryman League Premier Division game versus Bognor Regis Town FC on Saturday 8 October.
The day will commemorate the 80th anniversary of the Spanish Civil War and the Battle of Cable Street. Funds will be raised for the International Brigade Memorial Trust, set up to remember all those who lost their lives fighting fascism in Spain. As part of the day:
- Anyone producing a Trade Union card on the gates will get in for our concession rate of £4
- The match will be sponsored by ASLEF and HOPE not Hate.
- Local trade union branches will be encouraged to bring their banners and they will be displayed pitchside.
- The International Brigade Memorial Trust will have a display showcasing their work and will be holding a bucket collection.
- The guest beer will be Brigadista Ale, a special edition beer brewed by Black Hill Brewery in County Durham for this year’s commemorations.
We would like to invite all supporters to come to the game and remember the bravery of those who travelled over land and sea to fight fascism in Spain, as well as on Cable Street.