About the Trust
We are the Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' Trust and as volunteers run and manage the online and mega container shops for Dulwich Hamlet Football Club, putting profits through the Trust back into the club and community.
The Dulwich Hamlet Supporters’ Trust was founded in 2002 as an independent, democratic, not for profit organisation aiming to secure a successful and sustainable future for Dulwich Hamlet Football Club by increasing supporter involvement in its running.
We’re open to all fans so if you want to help us secure the future of Dulwich Hamlet Football Club please donate and join us here!
In the first few years of the Trust we:
- campaigned successfully for some level of planning protection for the ground. This was achieved by securing ‘Other Open Space’ designation from Southwark Council in 2007, a designation that arguably has already helped to prevent re-development of the ground
- monitored and reported on changes that have taken place in the ownership of both the Club and the freehold of the ground
- set up and continue to run merchandising operation for club souvenirs from the Trust ‘mega-shed’.
- established a successful lottery (the 100 Club) which has so far raised over £25,000 which we are aiming to invest for the benefit of the club and its supporters if appropriate terms can be agreed with the Club (which so far has not been possible)
- set up a website
- published Newsletters for members
- sponsored the club’s away kit
- ran two successful Community Days at the ground
There then followed a difficult period in our relations with the Club which we have since worked hard to try to repair and put on a more positive footing.
Since 2010 we have:
- provided a page of news to the SE22 magazine, raising the club’s profile in the area aiming to boost attendances
- placed posters in key local businesses advertising forthcoming fixtures
- bought a new shed in which to re-open the Club Shop. This raises funds for both the Club and the Trust and provides a service to supporters. In the two and half years since opening we have sold over £16,000 of souvenirs to supporters. With the support of the Club, we subsequently upgraded the ‘mega shed’ to the new ‘mega-container’.
- developed the range of merchandise on offer to supporters for purchase, meeting the growing demand.
- analysed and responded to the ground development plans proposed by the Club, submitting professionally drafted responses.
- Huge amounts of community work both in terms of attracting new support and promoting a message of anti-discrimination in football.
- Researched and developed proposals on the potential future supporter ownership of the Club.
- Gained the Club exposure in a number of national publications through our press releases and communications.
- sponsored numerous home matches.
Welcome to the Dulwich Hamlet Supporters’ Trust website.
Established in 2002, we are non profit-making and independent of Dulwich Hamlet Football Club. We are a democratic organisation that is governed by a constitution set out by Supporters Direct. We publish all minutes of our Board meetings and annual accounts.
Dulwich Hamlet Football Club:
- has a secure long-term home in East Dulwich
- as an influential shareholding in the Football Club
- is a transparent and well run Football Club
- has a growing Supporters’ Trust that communicates regularly with its members
- has strong links with all fans and the surrounding community